Awaiaulu reconnects and bridges knowledge from Hawaiian historical resources to today.
Purposes and Activities
Awaiaulu, Inc. is organized exclusively for educational purposes, including:
- perpetuating and advancing use of the Hawaiian language,
- training Hawaiian language translators and editors,
- generating Hawaiian language books, translations, and other educational material for use in colleges, universities, high schools, research arenas and many sectors of the general public,
- researching, translating and re-presenting Hawaiian language texts from the past for modern Hawaiian and English-language audiences.
Funding to carry out these programs is provided primarily from grants, contributions, contracts, and sale of publications.
Awaiaulu achieves its Mission and Purposes through the following activities:
- The production of accessible resources.
- The development of resource people.